Sep 24, 2009

Java Import Brilliance

I am working on a project that originated from a third party contracting company. The code base is horrendous and full of the most amaturish code you can imagine. Here is a sterling example:


import java.lang.String


Yes folks, they are importing core language features explicitly.

Of course, there is also this awesome example of their handiwork:


import ours.blah.group.AClass
import ours.blah.group.ASecondClass
import ours.blah.group.AnotherClass
import ours.blah.group.AFourthClass
import ours.blah.group.YetAnotherClass
import ours.blah.group.ComeOn
import ours.blah.group.StillGoing
import ours.blah.group.YouNeedToStopThis


Actually I think I was merciful, that list looks a little short, there were probably a few more explicit classes there.

I'm so glad I got the go-ahead to rip apart some of their stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment